Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Luang Prabang

Deep inside mega chill mode, after frying my brain in Vang Vieng, I am living it up in Luang Prabang. Some might think that an 11:30 curfew is good to reduce Beer Lao consumption, I did initially too. Then along comes Vietnam Bar, which runs illegally until the wee hours of the morning.

Its rather humorous, the tuk tuk drivers ask 'where you wana go?'. Upon the response of Vietnam Bar they quip 'oohh why you wana go there it illegal.... wana buy maruwana or opium?'.

The past three days I have been to waterfalls (the big one and the small one, can't pronounce the names), drunk a lot of the much romanticised Beer Lao (sorry but not as good as everyone claims) and today I rode an elephant then went to the small waterfall for a swim and lunch and then a 18km kayak back into town.

I am very sore, but only because of the Lao massage I got to remedy my soreness. I'm pretty sure the little khmu girl doesn't know a lot about Newtons, or me for that matter, but the force she was creating defied natural physics. If I weren't in so much pain I would have been able to appreciate it more.

I need to start winding up my trip, and begin the journey back home. It has only been almost 23 months since I left Australia. Has anything changed? Surely Howard still isn't there or alive.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I told you things had improved
that much it would begin with;
"Once upon a time".
Some good news Dave,we are booked for King Island from,9th Oct to 13th Oct.Cheers Dad.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home