Monday, March 20, 2006

Rental car + Autobahn = Pfanni

On the weekend I had to drive to Cloppenburg to the Pfanni (pronounced funny) Factory to teach Mr Pfanni (not his real name). I was apprehensive about being able to drive as fast as I can and also about driving on the other side of the road. I quickly alleviated the first concern by, well, driving as fast as I can. Now donĀ“t let anyone tell you that the top speed of a Seat Leon is 216kmh, I couldn't get the thing over 192 on level ground. Previously I had been an advocate for speed limits, but that has gone up in flames with all the petrol I burnt. It is surprisingly satisfying flying past a car going 150 when you are going 190. Next time hopefully I will get a faster car.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,don't forget "blowout at 160kph".And "slow down you move to fast.You gota make this trip last now.Feelin groovy".ps, sing whith 60s feeling.

3:36 AM  
Blogger Joannat1 said...

I've tried various ways of commenting on this boy racer stuff, but Harry's expressed it well enough. The Pollyanna in me says at least you're risking your life in a box with four wheels and not on a motorcycle.
... lookin' for adventure ... sigh

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home